Friday, June 24, 2005

Best Buy Debacle

Debacle at Best Buy

While in line with my legally disabled father at the Best Buy on U.S. 41, two street punks were shouting obscenities while in line with us. After my father asked them to either clean it up or take it outside, they began swearing at him, calling him names, and threatening physical harm upon him. I stepped in, exchanged words with one of them, and after being physically threatened myself, began a scuffle. As a citizen of this great nation, I feel that there are certain things worth fighting for. One of them is my father’s safety. Another is for a civilized society. The worst part of this ordeal was not the two multi-ear-pierced, tattooed freaks, but the staff at Best Buy. Not only did they misrepresent the series of events that took place, and not only were they insulting, condescending, and argumentative, but they actually made excuses for this vulgar behavior. The customer service manager in particular was confrontational, pompous, treated my father and I like we are the dregs of society, and acted as an enabler for these thugs. My question to the citizenry is- what sort of country do you wish to live in? If it is a decent one, then think about which corporations and businesses you give your financial support to. We the people must be willing to make a stand for righteousness, and choosing how we spend our money is the best way to make a statement.

sincerely,
Jean-Marc Bovee, Pharm.D.

No comments: