Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The big man

After putting in my notice, I was chastised by the big man at this co. Here is my response.

John,

Again, I am deprived of the opportunity to tell my side. I am sure Sheryl, and whomever, are placing the blame on me for 'misunderstanding', but now I wish to give the other side. In fact, I can do so by asking a single question: if it is I who is at fault for 'misunderstanding', and absolutely no mistakes were made in my pay, then tell me this, why has Akber sent repeated emails to Sheryl telling her to correct the situation? I have these emails if you care to see them.

The fact is, my pay has been goofed up for over a month now, and the situation has yet to be rectified. I have been more than patient, going only through Akber now, based on the email below, and am still waiting for my paycheck to be corrected. Every day for a month now I have lost interest on money that should be sitting in my account. The proof indefatigable. Many pharmacists have had their pay goofed up--repeatedly. I was waiting for my turn, and was civil in trying to rectify it. What I got in return is below. Also, I don't consider an honest days pay for an honest days work a waste of corporate time; it is a corporate DUTY. If those in charge of this department were more competent, then we wouldn't have to waste so much time correcting the errors, me and every other pharmacist who has had to pursue corrections to their paycheck.

I apologize for the short notice, and will try to extend my leaving date if possible, but many factors are involved. As far as professionalism is concerned, I could make a solid argument that it has been lacking from ALL sides lately. Being paid correctly and readily is a basic responsibility of any employer to its employee. How about customer service to the employees? Are we not --- customers as well?

If you wish to have a detailed discussion about my problems with ---, then I would be glad to go over them one by one. I feel I have suggestions, which could honestly be beneficial. Many pharmacists feel the way I do, only they're afraid to speak up, and simply leave, or keep quiet. I have no such fear as I am sure you are aware, but I do have good intentions.

sincerely,
JM

No comments: