Monday, October 20, 2008

JOKE

A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. Reducing his altitude, he spotted a woman on the ground within earshot and asked, "Can you help me? I don't know where I am, and I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago."

The woman looked up at him and said, "Sure. You are in a hot air balloon, about thirty feet above the ground. Your location is between 40 and 41 degrees north latitiude and 59 and 60 degrees west longitude."

Hearing this, the man in the balloon became irritated, and asked her, "Are you a Republican?"
"Yes," she replied. "How did you know?"

"Well," he snapped, "the information you've given me is probably technically correct, but I haven't the foggiest idea what to do with it. I'm still lost, my friend is still waiting for me, and frankly you haven't been any help at all."

"Are you a Democrat?" the woman asked.
"Yes," he said. "How did you know?"

"Easy," she answered. "You don't know where you are, and you don't know where you're going. You've risen to your present position on a large quantity of hot air, you've made promises you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. Moreover, you're in the same position as when we met, but you've found a way to blame your predicament on me."

No comments: